Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hoot, Flush, Scat, & Chomp

All the words included in the title, are names of books written by Carl Hiaasen. The reason why I mention this is because while my little brother was playing Sonic & SEGA All-stars Racing on our X-box 360, I was checking my email online and happened to see a book called Chomp. Carl Hiaasen published a new young adult novel, seeing Chomp published brought back memories of when I was in the sixth grade, reading his novel Hoot, and it was a hoot.

For those of you who haven’t read Hoot, it is a story whose setting is placed in Florida. It is a story of three kids trying to save the habitat of the miniature owls, whose homes are close to being destroyed a construction project. The aim of the project is to construct  a restaurant called Mother Paula’s All-American Pancake House, for the people of Coconut Cove. Roy, Mullet Fingers, and Beatrice Leep must band together to save the home of the burrowing owls.

Carl’s novels, Flush, and Scat follow similar themes and story lines. All of them revolve around animals and the environment. When I saw Chomp, it brought back those memories, and I will be excited to read it once I get my hands on it!

 

Picture is courtesy of Any New Books?

Like Rhebbel Periodicals on Facebook! www.facebook.com/RhebbelPeriodicals

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/Rhebbel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in relation to the post or blog.
Respectful comments only.
Spam comments will be deleted