Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Remember!

I was browsing through the likes page on Facebook, and just exploring things that I enjoy. I saw some books that I had read as a child, and immediately had that “I remember” moment. So I’m putting the names of books that I recall and enjoy as a child. If you remember any of these books, feel free to comment, write down some of your favorite childhood books, and enjoy!

Good Night Moon: This is such a sweet story, and the fact that it was published in 1947 and is still loved by children everywhere, speaks volumes for itself!

Green Eggs and Ham: I love the rhymes in this book! “I would not eat them in a house, I would not eat them with a mouse, I would not eat them here and there, I will not eat them anywhere! I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I Am! ”

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs: Giant doughnuts, ice cream, hot dogs, and pancakes falling everywhere, could this get any better!

Fox in Socks: I was determined to meet the challenge this book presented. Complete those tricky tongue twisters, or prepare to end up with a tragically terribly twisted tongue!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar: All I can say for this book was the ending was my favorite part!

If You Give a Pig a Pancake: If you give me this book, then I’m going to get a snack. If I get up to get a snack, then my brother will ask me to help him spell a word. When that happens, I need to find a dictionary so I can give it to him. But I can’t find the dictionary, and discover that there’s a hole in my pants. To fix the hole, I need to get some needle and thread….

Having just finished, I notice some underlying themes, most of the books that I’ve read as a child has to do with rhymes or food! Maybe the answer to writing a successful children's story is to think like a starving artist!

image

 

 

 

 

 

Like Rhebbel Periodicals on Facebook! www.facebook.com/RhebbelPeriodicals

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/Rhebbel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in relation to the post or blog.
Respectful comments only.
Spam comments will be deleted