Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Peek into History

As you know, Black History Month is next month.  My little brother, Ezra,  was just telling me some information about the person  he's doing for a  school project. He brought me this textbook, Biography for Beginners: African American Leaders. Inside it, there was some information about Miles Davis, who was a jazz musician, and lived from 1926 to 1991. My brother brought this book to me, and we started reading it together, but soon he got bored and started to do other things. I started to read more... and more...and more.

There were so many people I didn't know much about, like Ossie Davids, Ruby Dee, Lorraine Hansberry, Walter Dean Myers, and Sydney Poitier.  There were people some I definitely knew, Duke Ellington, Madame CJ Walker, Zora Neale Hurston (her book is in my Bestsellers List), Denzel Washington (Love him!), Oprah Winfrey, and so many more.  I started to display my bookmonster qualities (Read the About Me page for this reference), and my brother attempted to forcibly  possess the book from me. In the end, I won, and gained a deeper appreciation for the African American leaders of the past and present.

Every single person starts out life innocent and pure. They have the choices to mold their life into what they make it to be.
image

Like this post? Make a comment!

Like Rhebbel Periodicals on Facebook! www.facebook.com/RhebbelPeriodicals
Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/Rhebbel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in relation to the post or blog.
Respectful comments only.
Spam comments will be deleted