Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Snow White and the Huntsman…

When I saw this movie, I thought it was pretty good. I didn’t think the plot was awesome, but it was entertaining. The imagery was beautiful, especially with the scene where Snow White is blessed by the Forest Spirit. In the movie, you could really get a sense of the underlying themes and the colors that went along with each frame of the movie. A couple of months later, I heard there was a book. I thought Cool! I was expecting the book to be a further extension of the movie. I couldn’t wait to read it. I was ready to learn about the details and unexpected plot twists that they might have cut from the book to make room for the movie. I checked out the book, read the front and back cover, then I looked at the title page. Right below it, it said Based on the Movie…. What! That phrase was a big no no for me. However, I decided to read it anyway, hoping that the book would prove itself to be better than the movie. After I read the book, I was extremely disappointed. The book followed the exact same scenes as the movie. There were few, if any, extra details included in the book. This is one of the rare occasions where the movie is better than the book.image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in relation to the post or blog.
Respectful comments only.
Spam comments will be deleted